In June, the Session of First Presbyterian Church of Libertyville voted to form an “Anti-Racism and Equity Task Force” (ARETF). This task force has been charged with:
· Learn about the Presbytery of Chicago’s Commission on Anti-Racism and Equity and explore what resources and guidance CARE can offer First Pres;
· In partnership with Faith Formation, curate an initial set of anti-racism resources and develop opportunities for members of our community to engage in anti-racism work through learning, prayer, and action;
· Make a recommendation on how to institutionalize anti-racism at First Pres (i.e. forming a new committee or assigning responsibilities to existing committees);
· Make a recommendation on appropriate anti-racism training for officers, staff, and members and explore options for an institutional audit; and
· Make any other recommendations to Session to deepen our congregation’s commitment to becoming an anti-racist institution.
The members of the ARETF are: Elder Debra Alexander (co-chair), Tucker Olson (co-chair), Amy Christian, Andy Danckers, Juli Dunsing, Elder Anna Groebe, Elder Susan Henning, Elder Rosemary Monahan and Rev. Ryan Wallace.
You can read more about our commitment to anti-racism in Rev. Dr. Brian Paulson’s letter to the congregation on June 18, 2020.