POSITION AVAILABLE: BUSINESS ADMINISTRATOR (PART-TIME)
First Presbyterian Church of Libertyville is seeking qualified candidates to fill the part-time position (25-30 hrs/wk) of Business Administrator. This position reports to the Head of Staff with dotted line responsibility to the Chairs of the Business Affairs and Personnel committees and is primarily responsible to provide support for the financial, business operations and personnel functions of the church; and to provide leadership to, and supervision of office staff and volunteers engaged in church ministry.
The qualified candidate will be expected to:
• Support all aspects of the church’s business and financial functions with guidance from the Business Affairs committee members. These functions include but are not limited to membership and contribution records, general ledger and accounts payable, budgeting and payroll.
• Use technology and spreadsheets to ensure the integrity of financial data and reporting; facilitate communication; track data; and prepare reports.
• Work with insurance providers in Worker’s Compensation, property/casualty, and liability.
• Support the development of stewardship programs.
• Purchase computer equipment, software, furniture, supplies and manage inventory.
• Manage existing real estate and assist in the financial planning for future facility development.
• Manage office functions and schedule and supervise support staff; set production schedules and deadlines; delegate tasks; and monitor and evaluate progress towards successful goal completion.
• Recruit, screen and recommend candidates for support staff positions as needed
• Work with appropriate committees, officers and leaders to implement the business affairs and personnel policies and procedures of the Church.
In addition, the qualified candidate will
• Have a college degree and 5+ years of relevant work experience.
• Be well organized, detailed-oriented, and a problem-solver.
• Enjoy working with people.
• Be resilient and flexible with the ability to adapt to quickly changing circumstances.
• Have good communication and supervisory skills.
If interested, please email resumes to: email@example.com and reference Business Administrator in the subject line.