150th ANNIVERSARY

On September 7, 1869, the Civil War barely over, a group of 15 men and women of the Presbyterian faith decided to organize in Libertyville. The vision then and now remains to share a life in Christ. To honor the faith we have inherited from those who have gone before and to look forward to passing that faith to others today and in the future, we are planning a year-long celebration in 2019. Come join with others in witness to what God has done here at First Presbyterian Church. Let’s Remember, Reflect and Connect with this milestone in our congregation’s journey. 

150th Anniversary Steering Committee:
Kirk Ergang (co-chair), Deb Tischendorf (co-chair), Kathleen Bromley, Kathy Chapman, Cathy Dummer, Kevin Henderson, Susie Lawson, Preston Carter (Long Rang Planning), Mary Kovatch  (Exec. Assistant), Rev. Dr. Brian Paulson (Pastor)

Remember, Reflect & Connect 2019

January - When & Where It Began 

February - Who Made It Happen 

March - Old Time Hymn Sing 

April - Worship Is Over, Service Begins

May - Women of the Church

June - Men of the Church 

July - Community

August - Breaking Bread Together

September - Charter Day on Sept. 8

October - Pastor Appreciation Sunday

November - Youth Are Our Future 

December - 151st Advent

Union Church

Sunday School 1909

Elders 1919

1919 Presbyterian Women's Auxiliary
The story is that Mrs Higgins (bending over) was poising with a shoe on her head. The pastor taking the photo warned her to remove it or he would take the picture with a flash powder camera.

Scout Troop 71

Troop 71, organized at First Pres in 1927 by Rev. Earl Morgan, is still going strong today!

Church on Orchard Street

This was our church home from 1881 - 1927. It was located on Orchard Street (East Church Street) across from Wright Court on property that was originally an orchard owned by Caleb Wright.

Sunday School

Longtime member Gertrude Wells and her Sunday School class in an undated photo.

Church Choir

March 12, 1921 in the old church on Orchard Street (now E. Church St.)

Rev. George P. Folsom

Served our fledgling congregation from 1869-1872